Writers! Let us help you get a kick start with our lockdown event at the shop!
From 6pm to midnight, get your writing groove on with our Write the Night Off event!
(This is also a "Come Write In" event in cooperation with #NaNoWriMo!)
What to Expect:
- free WiFi access
- free coffee, water, and both healthy and unhealthy snacks
- space to write (limited to 20 participants - please visit Fountain or call 804-788-1594 to register)
What to Bring:
- whatever you use to write - laptop, notebook, pens, etc
- a cushion for your butt if desired - our chairs and floor are hardwood!
- your writing ideas
Schedule of events:
- 6pm: arrive and claim your seat and grab coffee/water
- 6:15pm: start writing (no talking or listening to music without earbuds please)
- 8pm: stretch, snack, shop, socialize (10% off the entire store! do some early holiday shopping!)
- 8:20pm: back to it, buddy!
- 10pm: stretch, snack, shop, socialize
- 10:20pm: homestretch!!! write like a demon until midnight!
- Midnight: congratulate each other on a job well done and go home!
Read more about NaNoWriMo below:
National Novel Writing Month (NaNoWriMo) is a nonprofit event that encourages kids and adults to tackle the challenge of writing a novel in November. Launched in 1999, NaNoWriMo inspires its 300,000+ participants with pep talks, a huge and supportive online community, and a host of web-based writing tools.