Lonely Planet's Istanbul is your passport to the most relevant, up-to-date advice on what to see and skip, and what hidden discoveries await you. Shop in the colourful bazaars, visit the majestic Aya Sofya basilica, or take a ferry to the Black Sea; all with your trusted travel companion. Get to the heart of Istanbul and begin your journey now!
Inside Lonely Planet's Istanbul Travel Guide:
- Up-to-date information - all businesses were rechecked before publication to ensure they are still open after 2020’s COVID-19 outbreak
- Colour maps and images throughout
- Highlights and itineraries help you tailor your trip to your personal needs and interests
- Insider tips to save time and money and get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots
- Essential info at your fingertips - hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips, prices
- Honest reviews for all budgets - eating, sleeping, sightseeing, going out, shopping, hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Cultural insights give you a richer, more rewarding travel experience - history, people, music, landscapes, wildlife, cuisine, politics
- Over 30 maps
- Covers Sultanahmet, Bazaar District, Western Districts, Beyoglu, Besiktas, Ortakoy, Kurucesme and more
The Perfect Choice: Lonely Planet's Istanbul, our most comprehensive guide to Istanbul, is perfect for both exploring top sights and taking roads less travelled.
- Looking for more extensive coverage? Check out Lonely Planet’s Turkey for a comprehensive look at all the country has to offer.
- Looking for just the highlights of Istanbul? Check out Pocket Istanbul, a handy-sized guide focused on the can't-miss sights for a quick trip.
About Lonely Planet: Lonely Planet is a leading travel media company, providing both inspiring and trustworthy information for every kind of traveller since 1973. Over the past four decades, we've printed over 145 million guidebooks and phrasebooks for 120 languages, and grown a dedicated, passionate global community of travellers. You'll also find our content online, and in mobile apps, videos, 14 languages, armchair and lifestyle books, ebooks, and more, enabling you to explore every day.
'Lonely Planet. It's on everyone's bookshelves, it's in every traveller's hands. It's on mobile phones. It's on the Internet. It's everywhere, and it's telling entire generations of people how to travel the world.' - Fairfax Media
'Lonely Planet guides are, quite simply, like no other.' - New York Times