Other Books in Series
This is book number 1 in the A Poppy McAllister Mystery series.
- #2: Midnight Snacks are Murder (A Poppy McAllister Mystery #2) (Mass Market): $7.99
- #3: Restaurant Weeks Are Murder (A Poppy McAllister Mystery #3) (Mass Market): $7.99
- #4: Theater Nights Are Murder (A Poppy McAllister Mystery #4) (Mass Market): $7.99
- #5: Wine Tastings Are Murder (A Poppy McAllister Mystery #5) (Mass Market): $8.99
- #6: Beauty Expos Are Murder (A Poppy McAllister Mystery #6) (Mass Market): $8.99
- #7: Antique Auctions Are Murder (A Poppy McAllister Mystery #7) (Mass Market): $8.99
For fortysomething Poppy McAllister, taking a stroll down memory lane in Cape May, New Jersey, isn’t just awkward—it’s deadly.
Newly widowed and stuck in a middle-aged funk, Poppy has been running on cookies, infomercials, and one-sided chats with her cat for months. There’s no way on earth she’s attending her twenty-five-year class reunion—especially after receiving a very bizarre letter from Barbie, the popular cheerleader who taunted her all through high school. At least, not until Poppy’s best friend practically drags her to the event . . .
Using the dreaded homecoming as an excuse to visit her eccentric Aunt Ginny, Poppy vows to leave Cape May with pride and Spanx intact. Too bad Barbie is still the queen of mean at the reunion. And worse, that her dead body is lying right in front of Poppy’s old locker. Singled out as the killer, it’s up to Poppy to confront her past and clear her name. But between protecting her aunt from disaster and tackling a gluten-free diet, can Poppy crack the case before she’s voted “Most Likely to Die” by the murderer?
Includes Seven Recipes from Poppy’s Kitchen!
About the Author
Libby Klein graduated Lower Cape May Regional High School in the '80s. Her classes revolved mostly around the culinary sciences and theater, with the occasional nap in Chemistry. She has worked as a stay at home mom, climbing the ranks to the coveted position of Grandma. She also dabbles in the position of Vice President of a technology company which mostly involves bossing other people around, making spreadsheets, and taking out the trash. She writes culinary cozy mysteries from her Northern Virginia office while trying to keep her cat Figaro off her keyboard. Most of her hobbies revolve around eating, and travel, and eating while traveling.