Brazilian Portuguese is written and spoken by over 180 million inhabitants of Brazil as well as by several million Brazilian emigrants in other parts of the world, including over 1 million Brazilian Americans. Portuguese is taught at over 280 colleges and universities in the United States.
Brazil is the most popular tourist destination in South America, enjoying over 6 million visitors annually. It is also the second largest economy in the Americas (after the United States) with thriving industries such as automobiles, steel, petrochemicals, aircraft and banking.
- Concise size with 10,000 essential entries
- Each entry includes key grammatical information and pronunciation
- Many entries include related words and phrases
- Spelling updated in full accordance with the Reforma Ortogr fica da Lingua Portuguesa, 2009
- Perfect for businesspeople, travelers, and students